Sunday, June 30, 2013
I made a swimsuit and swim top for my daughter. I used Jalie 3023 for the swimsuit. I really love this pattern and hopefully by the end of the summer will make a suit from it for myself. It fits very well. The skirt has attached swim bottoms. The Swim top I am not in love with It was a New Look pattern -it had cute elastic gathered sleeves but the sleeves would of been too tight so I left them plain.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 8:46 PM
Saturday, May 4, 2013
I made this outfit recently for my 18" American Girl doll. I used a pattern for the shirt: Butterick 5110. The skirt was not difficult to bring together from pictures. The shoes I created using felt and lots of glitter and mod podge.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 4:31 AM
Sunday, April 28, 2013
I was recently in an American Girl Doll Swap- I had 2 partners. The first one I made an Ice skating outfit for. My partner made me a gymnastics set so in the picture is shown the Ice Skating leotard I made ( I made duplicates so I could give one and keep one) and the gymnastics mat and balance beam she made. I also made a garment Bag and hanger and sent along store bought skates. One of these days I hope to get the garment bag posted with a tutorial. The second partner I had I made a LGBTQ Pride outfit. I screen printed the hoodie and used a Liberty Jane pattern for the Jeans. The Jeans were SO time consuming but I love the end result. The instruction were well written. I added rhinestones to the jean pockets.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 8:27 AM
Friday, March 8, 2013
I just finished 2 Amy Butler Blossom Bags. I found the pattern to be straightforward. It felt like it took forever to cut out and interface, but I am very happy with the end result. I added some extra interfacing and hand basted it, so it was not noticeable on the outside. I have made about 10 different bags and only used 1. These 2 -I will be using. Great size and style for me. The plaid one I decided to use gate clasps so that I can change the handle sizes. I used turn locks on both of them. It was much easier than I expected and I can't believe I had been so intimidated by them. I love the look they add. The floral one I love except I wish I had longer handles on it. But I did not have enough fabric for the longer straps. I literally had no scraps of this fabric larger than 4"x4". I really love the design of the Blossom bag. I used a wool fabric that I have had for almost 20 years on the plaid bag. It had enough forgiveness in the fabric not to show any little wrinkles from flipping the lining etc. Home Dec weight was used on the floral bag. It worked nicely. I would steer away from normal weight cotton fabrics for this bag. I think it would be prone to wrinkling and the heavier weight fabrics are nice in helping the bag to stay curved. I changed the inside a bit to eliminate a divider panel but add a zipper pouch area in the lining.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 12:01 PM
Friday, February 1, 2013
Working on a project for Girl Scouts. It will be an antiqued Stationery holder. A 12x12 sheet of cardstock is folded in half and the bottom 3" folded to create pockets inside. Walnut inking gives it an aged look. Layered with paper and stamping. Has a ribbon closure. Normal 8 1/2" x 11" copy paper cut in half fits nicely inside for stationery which will be further stamped. Our camp theme is the Medieval times. I will be getting a couple of stamps to fit the theme. A castle, crown or shield, etc.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 11:07 AM
Sunday, January 13, 2013
I made these owl doorstops for my children's rooms. They are stuffed with batting and a pouch of pennies for heft on the bottom.
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 3:18 PM
Posted by Mrs. Liddell at 3:02 PM