A place to share my crafts and sewing projects

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A summer Quilt




Last year for mothers day I received a large Hammock. I dreampt of the days I will lazy days around reading on it with a light quilt. I love gnomes so thought Michael Millers Gnome fabric would be perfect. It also gave the advantage of making for a quick quilt because I did not want the fabrics scene of gnomes playing instruments to be too broken up. So I made 3 strips for the main part and had fun mixing primary squares for the edges. The result was what I had envisioned. Fast forward to 10 months later..I still have not spent a lazy day reading as I had envisioned. All 3 children were home sick from school and we had a wonderfully warm spring teaser day outside. I was delighted when the 2 youngest decided to go outside and read. My youngest son spent a couple hours looking at books and just sitting in a chair peeling oranges and nibbling. My daughter grabbed a quilt and when I popped out to check on them was in the exact scene I had made the quilt for. She ended up spending 3 whole ours outside reading! Doesn't it just warm your heart when you see the kids reading on their own accord?

No comments:

Post a Comment