A place to share my crafts and sewing projects

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I love the look of all the cathedral quilts I have been seeing lately. But I was far too intimidated to try one. Then I came a cross a wonderful tutorial for a pincushion here: http://gogokim.blogspot.com/2011/12/cathedral-window-pin-cushion-tutorial.html I figured a pincushion might be just the size for me to be able to complete a cathedral project. Her tutorial is wonderful! It was the perfect time to open up my Moda Ruby charm pack that I have been hoarding away. Cathedral blocks are not difficult but they are time consuming. Think of it as fabric origami. For the button I pulled out a Fimo button that I had made a while ago. It was my first attempt at clay buttons and I made it much too thick for clothing, but it fits the bill for the pincushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment