A place to share my crafts and sewing projects

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A nursing hospital gown in the process...





I have been working on creating a design for a hospital gown for nursing moms. The design incorporates a center nursing panel that is accessed by flipping aside the front panel. or you can access it through the sides of the front panel but I always enjoyed watching my babies while nursing so prefer flipping it to the side or over my shoulder. The back ties like a normal hospital gown except it has an overlap in the back so that one side goes over the other side by about 6 inches to help eliminate accidental "exposure". A border or ruffle can also be added. It was getting dark when I took the photo so the color is off the fabrics are actually a dark and light purple. And the hem is longer than it looks in the front-the wind was pushing it back. Here is the unfinished gown so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment